24 February 2024

#23 Hatter, not Hater

Fittingly running late (but quickly), Fay Roberts channels Mercury...

Prince Popinjay they call me, fly-by-night
Reticulating errand-boy and fraud
(I’m seeking your attention – please applaud!)
My brother named me patron of the sleight
As I touch down, more errant sparks take flight
My many talents follow me abroad
(Apparently my stock has really soared)
They say I’m easily bored (I think they’re right).

Erratic pizzicato? Maybe not…
Reticulating– wait, I said that part…
I lost my train of thought, so time to hop
Aboard the latest vehicle that’s hot
Had I the time to finish what I start
Gods know I’d love the chance to finally stop.

A GIF of the planet Mercury, colourised in multiple hues, criss-crossed with many impact craters and carved lines so that it almost looks like a sphere of many networks, turning rapidly against a black background
Rapidly turning GIF of Mercury (probably nicked off NASA), taken from GIFER.com

No comments:

Post a Comment