18 February 2023

#18 - The Crooked Dentist’s Villanelle

Do not go dental into that good bite.
Molars should shine, quite free of tooth decay.
Bleach, bleach against the staining of the light!

Though wise folk know peroxide is their right,
they can’t be arsed to buy it and so they 
do not go dental into that good bite.

They sip their Pinot Noir, crying how bright
their teeth were until wine led them astray:
bleach, bleach against the staining of the light!

Wild folk whose ailing gums recede, in fright
from yellowed mouths, they won’t outlast the day. 
Do not go dental into that good bite.

A gel or strips or paste could sooth their plight;
I diagnose, I fix, and then they pay. 
Bleach, bleach against the staining of the light!

And who’s to say what’s needed and what’s right? 
When asked my skilled opinion I will say: 
“Do not go dental into that good bite
bleach, bleach against the staining of the light!”

LM


Image via Unsplash.com 



I used to have a dentist who was forever trying to get me to bleach my teeth. Not interested. Cheers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment