17 February 2021

#17 - Esoterics

The 2012 phenomenon was a range of eschatological beliefs that cataclysmic or transformative events would occur on or around 21 December 2012. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae were proposed for this date. A New Age interpretation held that the date marked the start of a period during which Earth and its inhabitants would undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 21 December 2012 would mark the beginning of a new era. Others suggested that the date marked the end of the world or a similar catastrophe.


I guess I need to buy another bed.
Perhaps I’ll get my job back if I plead –
and tell my colleagues that I was misled,
espousing some apocalyptic creed.
And maybe I’ve still mates who will consent
to furnish me with things that I now lack,
if I admit this foolish nonevent
took all except the clothes upon my back.
 
I reckon they’ll believe me, credulous
fools that they are. I need a little grace,
some earnest study, calm and sedulous,
so I can pinpoint the true time and place –
the end of things: desired, cold, supernal –
cuz hope in disappointment springs eternal.

AWB

I mean, it's obvious when you look at this, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment